With a focus on prevention, this core training program equips staff with proven strategies for safely defusing anxious, hostile, or violent behavior at the earliest possible stage. Learn to organize your thinking about how behavior escalates and how to respond appropriately during moments of chaos.
- Reduce the risk of injury to staff and patient.
- Comply with legislative mandates.
- Meet the standard for patient and caregiver safety.
- Improve staff capability of responding to a crisis event.
- Reduce exposure to liability.
- Promote Care, Welfare, Safety, and Security.
Duration: 8 Hours
Instructor: All instructors are certified by the Crisis Prevention Institute
Certification: Participants who successfully complete the course will receive 8 hours of Continuing Education for EMS professionals, as well as a CPI Blue Card™ in Nonviolent Crisis Intervention® training.