Some Fantastic EMS Blogs to Follow
For most professions, networking can be an important step in career advancement. It might also provide you with lifelong connections and relationships. Whether you’re currently in training or you’re an EMT seeking to connect with other first responders, blogs are one potential route you can take to find EMS personnel outside of your community.
An article by the National Health Care Provider Solutions (NHCPS) delves into some great EMS blogs to read and follow. Most of their content is written by first responders who have experienced various emergency situations, such as fires, traumatic injuries, and medical crises. Check out what NHCPS has to say about them below!
Recommended EMS Blogs
- Everyday EMS Tips: “Everyday EMS Tips blogs vary in length, but are typically short and packed with information. Better yet, guest authors who are EMS professionals or EMS students write the blogs, which makes for laid-back, current and relatable content. Everyday EMS gives readers a little bit of everything, from EMS tips, reviews, podcasts, videos and case studies.”
- Journal of Emergency Medical Services (JEMS) Editor Blog: “In the JEMS Editor Blog, Editor-in-chief A.J Heightman has 30 some years of EMS experience behind his back, making for an excellent blog. He posts a couple of times a month, and the visuals and content are well worth the wait. His posts are typically short, but engaged and thought provoking.”
- Street Watch: Notes of a Paramedic: “Street Watch is an intriguing blog, written by a demanding paramedic himself. The blog is an account of his daily life as a paramedic. The life of EMS personnel is different every day, which makes for thrilling stories. With a couple of new blog posts a week, the news is always contemporary and timely.”
- Life Under the Lights: “If you’re interested in the future of EMS, Life Under the Lights is for you. Writer Chris Kaiser, EMS Professional and Firefighter, writes to shed professional light on the life of EMTs. His blogs center around breaking the stereotypes of EMS professionals and spreading awareness of the high-demand job for what it really is.”
- EMS1: This last one is a recommendation from us at Unitek EMT! EMS1 runs a well-balanced site with abundant information that’s frequently updated (some topics you’ll find are products, videos, jobs, etc.) They also run an “EMS News” section that provides today’s headlines as well as their most popular topics.
Of course, there are many other great EMS blogs out there. If you’d like to find more, EMS1 has put together a list of their recommendations here. Or you could start with resources like FireRescue1 and JEMS. We’d also recommend checking out our Unitek EMT blog for varied content, how-to guides, and even some EMS-friendly recipes!
Thanks to the Internet Age, connecting with other first responders—both inside and outside of your community—has never been easier. Gain some insight and develop more connections by reaching out to your fellow EMS professionals; you never know what you might learn.
An Overview of Unitek EMT
If you are interested in EMS and you’d like to make a career change, you might want to consider enrolling in an EMT training course! At Unitek EMT, we strive to prepare aspiring Emergency Medical Technicians by providing them with an accelerated EMT program. Experts in the EMS field educate our students through a combination of traditional learning, simulation training, and workshop-style classes.
Our 14-Day Boot Camp1 is currently completed at a facility in Tempe, Arizona. Students can also attend American Heart Association (AHA) CPR courses or a stellar EMT Refresher course. Additionally, a BLS course is offered at our Tempe facility as well.
Many aspiring firefighters also seek EMT certification to increase their employment opportunities. In fact, some employers will only hire firefighters with EMT training. To learn more about this preference, check out one of our firefighter blog posts here.
For more information about the program, please contact us toll free at 888-790-1458.
Change your future with Unitek EMT!
1 Our 14-Day EMT Program in AZ is taught in an intensive “boot camp” style, to simulate the fast pace of work expected on the job as an EMT.
It was Helpful
Thank you! We’re glad you found this blog post helpful.
Thank you for the kind comment! We’re thrilled that you enjoy our blog.
Thanks for sharing such a valuable blog based on EMI Training , Highly recommended !! “EMI Training .”
Thank you! We’re so glad you enjoyed this post.
thank you for sharing such valuable information on emt camps
Absolutely, thank you for reading and commenting on our blog!