We all know it can be tough to make dinner after a hectic work day. This is especially true for EMS workers. Sometimes they work long shifts, and other times their non-traditional hours may bleed into lunch or dinner. It’s understandable why so many people order take-out rather than healthier, more time consuming options.
However, there are easy recipes out there! A website called Eating Well has put together a list of 20-minute dinner recipes that are simple yet nutritious. Below we’ve included fourteen of them to help you and your family enjoy some new, excellent meals this week.
Try these satisfying dishes with us…
Fourteen Delicious Dinner Recipes
1. Easy Pea & Spinach Carbonara: “Fresh pasta cooks up faster than dried, making it a must-have for fast weeknight dinners like this luscious yet healthy meal.”
2. Beef & Bean Sloppy Joes: “This healthy copycat recipe of the comfort food classic trades beans for some of the meat to bump up fiber by 7 grams. We also cut back on the sugar and ketchup in this Sloppy Joe recipe makeover.”
3. Classic Sesame Noodles with Chicken: “Classic sesame noodles become a healthy meal with lean chicken and tons of veggies in this quick recipe for Asian noodles.”
4. Spanakopita Scrambled Egg Pitas: “This meatless dinner comes together in only 15 minutes, thanks to the convenience of frozen chopped spinach and crumbled feta.”
5. Walnut-Rosemary Crusted Salmon: “Salmon and walnuts are both great sources of omega-3 fatty acids. Pair this easy salmon recipe with a simple salad and a side of roasted potatoes or quinoa.”
6. Pork & Broccoli Thai Noodle Salad: “Crunchy broccoli slaw—available in most supermarkets near the other coleslaw mixes—is the secret to making this Thai noodle recipe super-fast.”
7. Mozzarella, Basil & Zucchini Frittata: “This vegetable-studded frittata recipe is one of the quickest meals you can make. Make it for breakfast, or serve for lunch or dinner with a tossed salad.”
8. Quick Shrimp Puttanesca: “Because refrigerated fresh pasta cooks much faster than dried pasta, this Italian pasta dish will be on the table lickety-split!”
9. Beef Pad Thai: “We’ve bulked up the serving size of beef pad Thai by adding in lots of healthy veggies like matchstick carrots, snap peas, and scallions.”
10. Japanese Chicken-Scallion Rice Bowl: “Here’s the quintessence of Japanese home cooking: an aromatic, protein-rich broth served over rice.”
11. Skillet Chicken with Cranberries & Apples: “Celebrate the flavors of fall with chicken cooked in a fast apple-cranberry sauce. Serve with quick-cooking wild rice and roasted Brussels sprouts.”
12. Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes: “Two of our favorite comfort-food sandwiches join forces in these family-friendly dinner sandwiches.”
13. Vegan Coconut Chickpea Curry: “To make this 20-minute vegan curry even faster, buy precut veggies from the salad bar at the grocery store. To make it a full, satisfying dinner, serve over cooked brown rice.”
14. One-Pot Greek Pasta: “A little bit of Sunday meal prep goes a long way in this one-dish Mediterranean pasta recipe. The pasta is cooked ahead of time and stored in the fridge to use for meals all week.”
A Quick Overview of Unitek EMT
At Unitek EMT, we strive to prepare aspiring Emergency Medical Technicians by providing them with EMT training and accelerated EMT courses. Experts in the EMS field educate our students through a combination of traditional learning, simulation training, and workshop-style classes.
Additionally, we offer a program with several variations to better accommodate our students. These include a 14-Day Boot Camp1 at our Fremont Campus in Northern California, and a modified version of the Boot Camp at our facility in Chandler, Arizona.
If you’d like more information, please contact us toll free at 888-790-1458!
1 Our 14-Day EMT Program in AZ and the 14-Day on-ground portion of the EMT Program in CA are taught in an intensive “boot camp” style, to simulate the fast pace of work expected on the job as an EMT. The California EMT Program also includes online instructional hours.