For students who prefer to learn at their own pace, Unitek EMT offers the EMT Expanded Online Hybrid Program. With this economical alternative to classroom instruction, you attend lectures, receive hands-on skills instruction, and complete online coursework at the times that fit your schedule. Your training will conclude with 7 days of in-person training at our EMT campus in California.
Expanded Online Hybrid Program
Developed and delivered by current EMT experts, the EMT Expanded Online Hybrid provides the latest theory and technique for first-response treatment of patients and prepares you to take the National Registry of EMT (NREMT) Exam.
Online Coursework: Interactive lecture and coursework teaches essentials of emergency medicine, patient care and patient transportation. Instructors are available Monday through Friday to support students in their learning endeavor.
In-Person Training: Students are required to attend 4 days of intensive training at the Unitek EMT campus in Fremont, California followed by a 3-day clinical rotation with a local ambulance provider.
Psychomotor Examination: After completing both the online and in-person training, the NREMT Psychomotor Skills Assessment will be conducted and students must demonstrate competency of required NREMT skills.
Enrollment Requirements Include:
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider Certification (AHA BLS CPR) – Available at Unitek or at an AHA CPR training center near you.
- High School Diploma, GED, or official transcript
- Proof of the following immunizations:
- Hepatitis B vaccination – at least first vaccine of 3 series
- MMR vaccination (measles, mumps, and rubella)
- Tuberculosis (TB) Test within 6 months prior to starting clinical experience
- Satisfactory completion of our Online Assessment